Hello and Welcome!
Thanks for stopping by. At DreamBigPlanAhead.com I believe anything is possible.
Let me ask you something. Do you have BIG dreams? Maybe for:
- a better life
- more money
- better relationships with family and friends
- good health
- an opportunity to travel
- enjoying your passions and interests, maybe even making money from them
Well, I believe You can achieve this and more because You are here and willing to PLAN AHEAD.
Who I Am
It’s Mary Ann here (and if you call me ‘Mary’ we might be getting off to a rocky start…just saying)!
I am a wife, mother and grandmother, worked most of my life for other people, and decided I no longer wanted to live this way and believed the answer to achieving MY dreams was being my own boss (perhaps like you?).
But first a little more about who I am and what makes me tick.
I was adopted at the age of 10 and most people would consider me lucky as prospective parents usually want babies. You would be right in thinking this. I had two parents who cared a great deal about me, however, they were staunch middle class people who couldn’t cope with the ‘dreamer’ inside of me and felt an education was the most important thing I could possess. As you can guess, dreams were put on the back burner, I got my education and was thrown in the 9-5 rat race.
Fast forward several years later – meeting and spending time with my biological family (which was cool), having my own family (which was even cooler), government jobs (great pay but no incentive to do better), and finally, my own business in publishing and advertising. This wasn’t as glamorous as it sounds – it was long hours, beating the pavement for advertisers, worrying about deadlines and having enough money to pay the bills.
I still had that niggling dream inside of me to be creative with my life and actually took some art lessons and produced 5 paintings, of which I am quite proud, and managed to sell a few prints. Here is one of my favourites from Costa Rica. I call it the “Old Bridge.”
Still, the painting wasn’t enough. I realized what I really wanted was financial freedom and to be in control of my life on my terms and make life easier for the people I value, love and cherish. And then I discovered Wealthy Affiliate and a chance to achieve all of this; my only regret is that I didn’t discover it years ago. I don’t want you to miss out like I almost did.
Some Secrets About Me
I am a risk taker – and this is why:
- I never travelled anywhere until 6 years ago. Since then, I have been to Nova Scotia six times, Jamaica, the Dominican twice and Costa Rica three times (the third time for 5.5 months).
- I became a real estate salesperson in the 80’s when interest rates were through the roof and earned a gold ring from my company for meeting target sales;
- Published a magazine for two years with no previous experience whatsoever;
- Started another publication, on a more modest scale, and enjoyed success for 9 years;
- Decided to pursue a career in painting and writing an eBook – Still working on both…I’ll let you know how that goes!!
- Joined Wealthy Affiliate with no knowledge of affiliate marketing to pursue my dreams of the life I want. This is a journey I want to share with You.
Wealthy Affiliate is changing my life one day at a time by giving me the knowledge and tools to turn my dreams into reality and it will change yours too. No more 9 -5 jobs for you, working two jobs to pay the bills, living from pay check to pay check. You get the picture? You know you want more.
Let me help You PLAN AHEAD so that You can achieve Your dreams by making money online with Your very own website.
Come on in and stay awhile! Our Wealthy Affiliate community welcomes you.